Monday 9 September 2013

Summer fun.


After dropping my artwork off at Funky Aardvark gallery, we set off up North for my Pops' 50th birthday in the Lakes. Just what you need after finishing a project and a degree course. It was bliss.

Surrounded by stunning views and taking this guy (The bedraggled Jack Russell pictured) for numerous walks and paddles in lakes, I couldn't help but pick up a pencil:

After sketching the cottage owners beautiful little dog, I got back into a stylised project which was to illustrate an Italian proverb.
 I chose "At the table, surrounded by good food and friends, One does not grow old".




I'm finding that each project brings on a further progression of learning about your craft, from little discoveries to significant changes, and i'm ok with that. (In other words I'm still learning!) But i'm pleased to say that I believe i'm going in the right direction.

Pop on over to nataliejgriffiths.com to see the finished illustration of my Italian proverb.

Something a little extra...

In between the showery spells we have here in Wales I've been getting out and about for a bit of inspiration. So I hopped in the Car with my Taid and spent the day on Bala lake. 


Nipped in to see my work on show at the Funky Aardvark gallery.
Available to view and buy at Funky Aardvark gallery in Chester, right next to my favourite cafe Mad Hatters!






No comments:

Post a Comment